The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

All Discussions Tagged 'writing' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

AI has never been so close

Dear colleagues, As an English teacher, I can not but share with you a brilliant and smart artificial intelligence tool that is going to be…

Started by Leona Hinton

0 Jun 21

Grab the chance to engage your students into creative writing

Students tend to be lazybones when it comes to writing. How to motivate them to develop creative writing skills during the summer period? …

Started by Leona Hinton

1 Oct 5, 2016
Reply by Leesa Johnson

Assistive/Adaptive technologies such as Dragon Natural Speaking and Kurzweil 3000

The use of assisted technologies, like Dragon Naturally Speaking and Kurzweil 3000, have broken down barriers for students with disabilitie…

Started by William Kenny

0 Dec 4, 2011

Progressive Story Project

Want to connect with classes to write stories together? Registration for the Progressive Story Project is now open for the spring session.…

Started by Karen Ditzler

0 Feb 23, 2011

Helping Our Schools - Helping Teachers Acquire Needed Resource Materials

Please check out my new Blog. I post several times a week information that I have researched on grants funds, and other donations available…

Started by Bruce Brown

0 Jan 17, 2011

What are some great references for what a PLN is?

I'm writing an article for a trade journal and was wondering if anyone has any good references to some articles about creating a PLN? or ab…

Started by Neal Chambers

3 Apr 12, 2010
Reply by Neal Chambers

Why aren't more people talking about fan fiction?

I recently began planning a creative writing unit on story-telling and we'll be ending the unit with a final project involving fan fiction.…

Started by Rebecca Rinker

0 Mar 1, 2010

Essay Writing Structure!

An essay can have a lot of intentions, but the basic structure of all type of essays will be same. You may be writing an argumentative essa…

Started by Janet Wilkins

0 Nov 25, 2009

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Joe Malto posted a status
yesterday
Eileen Lennon posted a blog post

My tech lesson when the internet is down

You have a great lesson planned for today, and the internet is down. Your supervisor is lurking in the doorway, you can just smell the observation coming. What do you do?You teach your kids how to create hyperlinks with just PowerPoint or Google Slides!Here’s my plan.Begin the lesson with having the students create the first slide, a “Table of Contents” sort of slide. Mine looks like this.…See More
yesterday
Will Gourley and David Chiles are now friends
Wednesday
David Chiles posted a status
"Girl Begs Professor To Let Her Bring Dog To Class To Save It From Hurricane, And His Response Wins Internet http://bit.ly/2jIJI1K"
Tuesday
David Chiles updated their profile
Monday
Elaine Reeder updated their profile
Sep 16
Sep 16
Sep 16

Awards And Nominations

© 2017   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service