The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

Dear educators,

I was reading an interesting article about blended education. It is basically the mixing of online courses with face-to-face learning. It also gives students more freedom in terms of time, path and pace. Some of the reports on this approach (although not many) show that the outcomes are good and even we could get more differentiated classrooms. Can you share your experience if you have any or thoughts about it?

Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is great that you and many teachers take it on to learn these new tools yourself but we should also have support from the larger system - area, region, states, nation and the national government if we want to plate new technologies quickly. Blended way (hybrid way) is classes where a portion of the traditional face-to-face instruction is changed by online learning. Blended learning is a relatively new concept for me. I was briefly introduced to blended learning while a person who educates a class. It appears there are a lot of benefits to a blended learning classroom especially in the area of differentiation. The provides a detailed analysis of the fundamental conditions, possible benefits, implementation ideas, and the shifts instructional calculation commonly found in successful Blended Learning programs.http://www.teachthought.com/learning/blended-flipped-learning/6-typ...

I think you can find something in my article at 

https://writemypaper4me.org

As a teacher candidate, I am in my third year of college. I have taken two online courses. One of them went well, and the other did not go as well. I think that if it was a blended course, it would have been much better. I think that being able to do things on your own time with the online piece is good and it promotes self learning. But, when help was needed, it was much harder to get. If it was blended, being able to work at your own time and pace would still be there, while help and extra explanations and such would be more easily attained. I think that blended learned would be good for older grades. 

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Stella updated their profile photo
Wednesday
Stella updated their profile
Wednesday
Kathleen Wallace posted a blog post

Studying at the public school VS private school

Whether you are looking for a school for yourself or for your child, it’s always hard to decide on which institution is best suited for your needs. There are so many choices to consider even without thinking about public or private schools as different entities.However, if you take a look at any student testimonials and pay closer attention to what they have to say, the differences are quite huge indeed. What are some of the most notable differences between public and private schools and how…See More
Monday
Dr. Camille Dempsey updated their profile
Sunday
Barry Ilagan liked Barry Ilagan's blog post How Foreign Students Study in Universities in the US?
Nov 15
Alaine Gordon shared their blog post on Facebook
Nov 13
Alaine Gordon shared their blog post on Facebook
Nov 13
Alaine Gordon posted a blog post

Online learning VS traditional learning

Choosing the type of education that suits your interests and talents can be difficult in this day and age. The sheer number of options at our disposal is staggering, not to mention the ability to completely skip academic studies and opt for online learning instead.But what are the differences between learning something online and learning it in a college environment? Besides the obvious difference that comes from their names, what are some of the most essential and useful points to note when it…See More
Nov 13

Awards And Nominations

© 2017   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service