The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

Many of the PLN attended this Conference. There were many tweets during the conference. Please share your overall reflections here to share with those of us who could not attend.

Views: 214

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First and foremost, the tour on Friday was great. Overall from the weekend:

1. What IS Smart? We should all try to define that, and differently than we do now.
2. A Caring Community: Isn't that what all schools should be?
3. The learning space needs to be right for learning
4. Meeting people in person that you already know from twitter is very cool and it is incredble in so many cases how we recognize those in our PLN and know them already.
5. Connected learning is powerful.
6. Inquiry based instruction is the best and only way to go.
7. Project based learning beats the heck out of memorization based learning.

And so so much more.

Thanks EduCon and thanks SLA! See you next year.
I know I was there and I am working on some reflections of my own. We did manage a brief flip video of some of our conversations on the way home from Philly to MA and NH. http://burlingtonhigh.blogspot.com/2010/01/educon-22-session-7-car-...

In the meantime, I have saved some posts by others in my Delicious account under tag Educon - http://delicious.com/bhsprincipal/educon Great stuff! I feel very fortunate to have been a part of it and to have been around so many forward thinkers!
Awesome conference. So much to digest in so little time. More musings here http://folmerica.net
Educon was simply a great experience. To be around such a tremendous group of educators was inspiring! The passion and depth was apparent throughout each session, however, it was the thirst for further knowledge and understanding which was truly honorable!

A conference like Educon provides a pick-me-up in the middle of the year! It proves there are other educators who want to improves themselves, their students, and their fellow educators!

Many thanks to Chris and everyone at SLA! A truly Great Experience!
David Warlick just posted his comments on Educon, including a link to a Google blog search showing 179 Educon posts (and counting)! Obviously quite an inspiring event.

For me, the student involvement was the most striking, and the realization that teacher empowerment is so tightly coupled with student empowerment and voice. I wrote about this last year after Educon 2.1 and it was just as striking this year as last.

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Emily Copeland is now a member of The Educator's PLN
yesterday
Daniela McVicker and David Chiles are now friends
Tuesday
Kevin Schumacher updated their profile
Monday
David Chiles posted a status
"Learning apps for quarantine.…"
Monday
Larry Murry is now a member of The Educator's PLN
Monday
David Chiles updated their profile
Saturday
David Chiles posted a video
Saturday
Profile IconKaren D Honeycutt, Jessica J Lenhart, Erin and 11 more joined The Educator's PLN
Saturday

© 2020   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service