The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

Live concert for schools - International European education project

FolkDC live concert in 5 cities and resources for schools

Music has been shown to have a very positive impact on language learning and the EU Comenius, FolkDC project utilizes this perfectly. The project uses European folk songs in 10 languages to motivate and teach languages, music and culture at primary level.

Live Concert

A unique simultaneous live concerts will be held in 5 European countries (UK, Turkey Finland, Romania and Spain) that will be linked on the Internet on 23 April 2013 (times in your area are available on the website). Your school can watch this exciting concert online see http://folkdc.eu/synchronousconcert/

The concert will feature school choirs at each venue singing the FolkDc songs, streamed over the Internet.

Resource for Teachers

The project has prepared an autonomous teacher kit that can be used to motivate and engage early language learners. The kit is available on the project website at: http://folkdc.eu/overview/

The kit consists of:

Introduction to the project activities

European folk songs in 10 languages (20 songs in all)

The transcribed lyrics and recordings of the songs

A set of activities, with full instructions, that focus on:

• Languages
  • Music
  • Culture

The teacher kit has been piloted in schools across Europe with excellent results.

Views: 387

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Reading through the brochure you have posted here gives me a great set of emotions regarding your thoughts. The culture of music is longer than we can imagine and every country in the world has a set of the top musicians for their crowd and public. It entertains them in the perfect order and also keeps their mental health in accordance. It is a way of examining their thoughts and presenting them with a fine set of entertainment options.
However, I will put forward two theories that will be completely different from each other. But only a few can understand. I believe exposing children to musicals and festivals is not a good thing. Especially after recent incidents that happen in the same festivals where people have to face deaths and other accidents due to poor management. Even if you open such an event for the school kids, you will never find it easy with all. And thus, the children might indulge in unfamiliar acts. Moreover, we have to consider the positive impacts a music festival brings with itself. It soothes your inner self and presents you with a peaceful gesture or option. It helps clean the mind and exposes you to the rhythm of the world and life. And thus, I feel it can be a tool of great importance.
But this leaves us to the point where you will be thinking about how a person is who is defending and ridiculing it a bit too. In essence, all I want is a place where music goes in the background and does not come to the forefront and captures the attention. It should be playing in the background so the ones who want to enjoy it can take note whereas others can feel just a melody and indulge in their own activities. Thus, it is good to merge things up and then feel the impact it will have.

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Teresa Conley posted a status
"Good Morning! Hope you all have a wonderful day!"
Sep 20
Teresa Conley posted a status
"Hello all! It's been several years since I have been here but I am back and am looking forward to some professional interaction."
Sep 18
Joe Silva updated their profile
Aug 30
Agnes Mckenna updated their profile
Aug 30
Miles Brandon updated their profile
Aug 30
Robin Wilkins posted a status
"What are you up to?"
Apr 27
Robin Wilkins updated their profile
Apr 22
Robin Wilkins posted an event

Educators perception on student engagement and professional development needs at Virtual time and date to be mutually agreed upon

April 22, 2022 to May 13, 2022
Student Researcher looking for educators interested in participating in an interview and focus group.Share your perceptions. See flyer for detailsRobin_Wilkins_RecruitmentFlyer032822.docxSee More
Apr 22

Events

© 2022   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service