The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

I am trying something new this semester with my graduate students in the course, Introduction to Education Technology. In the past, I have introduced them to Skype and even set up some educators to Skype into our classroom. But this semester, I would like to make this more of an active experience for each of my students by connecting each of them with an educator on Skype so that they can experience a virtual, synchronous conversation with this technology. They have no PLN established and have no way to find their own connections, so I have set up a Google spreadsheet with some information and a place for educators to volunteer to connect with one of my students. If this is something that is of interest to you, you can read more about it and add your own information by visiting the spreadsheet here.

Also, feel free to pass this information along in whatever channels that you use.

Thanks so much!
Steve

UPDATE: This project is now underway. However, I will most likely repeat it in the fall semester, so if you would like to help out, you can still add to the list. Just be aware that you won't hear from any students until the fall semester of 2010. Thanks!

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am interested in assisting your students with this process. I have recently established webcams in three classrooms to begin the process with a student traveling to Chile. We plan to utilize it to continue the student's learning while taking time to visit her extended family. Please feel free to contact me. I have filled out your Google Docs spreadsheet and look forward to the conversation.

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

John Braswell posted a blog post

What is Your Essay Definition, Explain by Essay Writer?

Essay Definition can vary widely depending on the Person DefiningEssay definition can be different depending on the source. The narrowest definition of essay is “a short piece of writing on a particular subject”, as appearing in Oxford Dictionary. Most common form of essay is written in prose. In practice, essays are regarded as short pieces of writing, though there are some exceptions like John Locke’s” An essay concerning human understanding”. In its broadest sense, definition of essay…See More
Dec 9, 2020
Agnes Mckenna updated their profile
Dec 2, 2020
Eleonore Cowan updated their profile
Dec 2, 2020
Miles Brandon updated their profile
Dec 1, 2020
mario barker updated their profile
Nov 30, 2020
cal bates updated their profile
Nov 30, 2020
jimmy zack updated their profile