The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

This is cross-posted on my blog at:

http://reflectionsonedtech.wordpress.com/2012/03/24/plns-and-learning/

I haven't been very active thus far on the Educator's PLN, but hope to change that. I'm in need of help from my PLN and am reaching out in many ways.

This year a team of educators from our school district has been fortunate to participate in year-long work with Powerful Learning Practice (PLP). We’re at the point in our work that we are doing an Action Research Project. One of our goals is for each of us to further develop our Personal Learning Networks (PLNs). I’ve written about this in the past on my blog.

As we explore the power of PLNs, we’re curious about how others have noticed the relationship between having a PLN and a possible impact on student learning. How has being a connected educator changed or transformed what takes place in the classroom?

Perhaps this can’t be measured with data from standardized tests. But surely there are anecdotal stories about how the connections we’ve made through Twitter, blogs, and other social networks have influenced schools, classrooms, student engagement, or has been transformational in any way.

If this is something you are are willing to share, please do so in the comment area below or get in touch with me @bonniebird on Twitter.

Thank you! We intend to share the results!

Views: 131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just started blogging, tweeting and using different PLN websites this January and I have learned SO MUCH! Education is really a collaborative field and I have discovered so many amazing resources since I became "connected" through various sites. I am only an education student but to compare my student teaching placement in the fall to my current placement I can say that I feel much more prepared and excited because of the great resources I have found. During my last placement I relied mostly on ideas that I came up with personally and through the curriculum suggestions, but I am now able to implement different games, technology, activities, etc from all over the world! I love being able to provide my students with so many different learning opportunities that I never knew about before.

Thank you so much for your reply. It's interesting to hear how you can see the difference. You should check out the #ntchat on Twitter for new teachers!

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Joe Malto posted a blog post
20 hours ago
Edward Lake replied to Andrea Ray's discussion Is Professional Development Still a Joke?
"Thanks Andrea. I just sent you an email."
yesterday
Carolin Stong posted a status
"http://emergencydentalcolumbusohio.com/ Fortunately, TMJ won't last long if you refer it with your personal dentist. Thru a TMJ dentist or T"
Tuesday
Andrea Ray replied to Andrea Ray's discussion Is Professional Development Still a Joke?
"Hi Edward I thought I responded to this a few days after you sent it.  If it happens again and you don't hear from me within 48 hours, please send another message. I have written some definitions down to be sure we're talking about…"
Tuesday
Edward Lake replied to Andrea Ray's discussion Is Professional Development Still a Joke?
"Any thoughts on this Andrea?"
Tuesday
Profile Iconraja chawdery, Jeff Ravine, Nicky Chandlers and 20 more joined The Educator's PLN
Saturday
Profile IconKingsbury, Elizabeth, Megan Aquilina and 4 more joined The Educator's PLN
Oct 9
Edward Lake replied to Nanacy Lin's discussion Future Of Education
"Nanacy, I agree. I have been using the UbD curriculum model since 2008 and it works great. I know that I tell myself I allow for a constructivist student-centered approach to unit and lesson planning, but the truth is I am a lot more…"
Oct 4

Awards And Nominations

© 2017   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service