The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

My school is looking at writing a grant to buy more interactive whiteboards. We currently use Smart Boards and I love them but I heard the Promethean's have a lot of great, cool features that Smart does not have.

What is your opinion on them? Which one do you prefer, and why?

Thanks for the help,
Art Bentheim M.Ed.

Views: 7766

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How much do they want for them? : )
I know, right?!:)
The connectivity with our PolyVision boards has been flawless. The only problem we've had thus far (after about 6 months) is actually with the Easiteach software that came bundled with the board. It's a little lagging sometimes, but we're working on it.

Seriously though, is there any possibility that your school district would be willing to sell those boards gathering dust? What model are they?

You can contact me here or on Twitter @novemberMonster .
Hi Matt,

Good to hear that you don't have issues with your boards. It may just be something at that particular school that is malfunctioning.

It is a school that I did training for on Polyvision and SMARTboards. I can email the tech director and see what he says...
Hi Matt,

I checked with the tech. director. They have moved them over to the high school for a few teachers over there to try. They seem to be working better in that building than they did in the elementary. I'll let you know if I hear differently in the future!
Our school has Promethean Boards. They are great.
The website prometheanplanet.com has so many resources that our teachers use on a daily basis. Teachers who do not want to create their own lessons can always find what they are looking for at this website.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this discussion. Your experiences have given me a good understanding of the pros and cons of both products.

Thanks again,
Art Bentheim
I think Smart Boards are great but their customer service has slipped a bit, they were the first ones on the block and their resources invaluable and I think the touch screen(using your fingers) is great for K-3. We recently purchased promethean and have had mimios in the classroom and so far the teachers love it
I have worked with both SMART and Promethean and can say with certainty that SMART is the superior product. Ease of use, software package, support and training, and the ability of SMART to revise their products and software according to teacher feedback has put SMART at the top of the interactive whiteboard pile.

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

David Chiles posted a status
"Friends, networkers, developing my own online courses. Feel free to any online resources for lesson plans. Thanks"
May 16
Hos-Na Salehi and David Chiles are now friends
May 4
David Chiles posted a status
"Issues with online learning exist. AI test taking is creepy to students. Read more https://bit.ly/2zchfJW"
May 4
Hos-Na Salehi is now friends with alexpipo1985@yahoo.com and Erline Sherman
May 2
Erline Sherman updated their profile
Apr 30
Profile IconLizzy Cole, Emily Collins and Alaina LaManna joined The Educator's PLN
Apr 30
Profile IconErline Sherman, stacy doyon, Faraz Hussain and 30 more joined The Educator's PLN
Apr 28
Diana Martinez liked Thomas Whitby's video
Apr 26

Events

© 2020   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service