The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

We've been hunting down topics to cover for future #edchat discussions! Please help us out by proposing questions you'd like to see investigated! We'll add them to the twtpoll! We can't do this without your help!

Views: 1654

Replies to This Discussion

Here is a topic from last EdChat:

@EduTek

"#edchat is anything being done to retain new bright teachers that are leaving public schools? Somehow seems equally important."

http://twitter.com/edutek/statuses/6469455995
On the opposite end of your question, is there a way to encourage and accelerate the evolution of technophobic teachers to technology users? What is it that makes (stereotypically) older teachers reluctant, or down right refuse to try using technology to engage learners?
I would love to talk about the following:
Classroom behavior management techniques- what works, what doesn't.
Effects of the integration of children with learning difficulties into mainstream classes.
Over reliance on extrinsic motivators- how do we cultivate intrinsic motivation among our students?
How can we make technology more of a necessity in the classroom so that admins are more receptive to new ideas and more curious to see what's out there than can be used to students' advantage?
I really would like to discuss the merits of classrooms separated by gender.
I would like to see a discussion on how or if the internet and Web 2.0 changes the role of content/prior knowledge.
Maybe even more than IF it changes, but HOW educators are making it change - ie podcasting lectures for students as "homework" so that classroom time is collaboration time.
My question is in response to many 21st century learning comments I have seen in edchat discussions: What is 21st century learning and how Is it different than 20th learning?
Is it time to literally outlaw the 1892 graded school system in the interest of forcing change?
What are the best practices for classroom blogs?
In the era of Web 2.0 what is the difference between composition and communication? What do teachers need to teach?
Is it better to have separate technology standards (NETs) or should each content area expand their standards to include technology?

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

David Chiles posted a status
"Friends, networkers, developing my own online courses. Feel free to any online resources for lesson plans. Thanks"
May 16
Hos-Na Salehi and David Chiles are now friends
May 4
David Chiles posted a status
"Issues with online learning exist. AI test taking is creepy to students. Read more https://bit.ly/2zchfJW"
May 4
Hos-Na Salehi is now friends with alexpipo1985@yahoo.com and Erline Sherman
May 2
Erline Sherman updated their profile
Apr 30
Profile IconLizzy Cole, Emily Collins and Alaina LaManna joined The Educator's PLN
Apr 30
Profile IconErline Sherman, stacy doyon, Faraz Hussain and 30 more joined The Educator's PLN
Apr 28
Diana Martinez liked Thomas Whitby's video
Apr 26

Events

© 2020   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service