The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

Had a really stimulating discussion with @ToughLoveforX on Twitter yesterday about the Rhode Island situation where teachers have been threatened with dismissal for not agreeing to management measures.

This sort of issue automatically produces a management/workers argument and like most arguments, it's pretty hard to make it black or white.

It would be interesting to explore this further as @ToughLoveforX suggested, so I'm posting this in the hope of widening the debate. This is clearly a topic where we are not going to get a consensus, but smacking the ball back and forwards a bit might help for both sides to gain an insight.

I'd really like to hear people's views (and I'm off to get my tin helmet!)

Olaf

Views: 575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What an interesting argument.  So many questions going through my head.  I would think that any school where imposed changes are met with enough opposition to warrant talk of dismissal has bigger problems than policy change.  The deeper issue here is that its seems like there is a complete lack of relationship building and development and collaborative practice.  What do the leaders in the school say?  What kind of lead up to an imposed change was there?  What kind of discussion and collaboration was there.  Did and do the teachers feel valued.  Has past practice promoted and fostered a mutually respectful dialogue.  Just some thoughts.

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

David Chiles posted a status
"Friends, networkers, developing my own online courses. Feel free to any online resources for lesson plans. Thanks"
May 16
Hos-Na Salehi and David Chiles are now friends
May 4
David Chiles posted a status
"Issues with online learning exist. AI test taking is creepy to students. Read more https://bit.ly/2zchfJW"
May 4
Hos-Na Salehi is now friends with alexpipo1985@yahoo.com and Erline Sherman
May 2
Erline Sherman updated their profile
Apr 30
Profile IconLizzy Cole, Emily Collins and Alaina LaManna joined The Educator's PLN
Apr 30
Profile IconErline Sherman, stacy doyon, Faraz Hussain and 30 more joined The Educator's PLN
Apr 28
Diana Martinez liked Thomas Whitby's video
Apr 26

Events

© 2020   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service