The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

Just to get an idea of how cross-curricular online teaching can be, please post a message stating where you teach, age/grade levels, what subject matters, and what kind of online teaching you do (fully online, blended, web-enhanced, etc.).

Views: 73

Replies to This Discussion

I am an adjunct instructor for three different institutions of higher education spread throughout the country. I consider myself a "freelance online educator". I work full time online in this capacity and teach professional development courses for educators as well as developmental composition to pre-college community college students. I am also available as a consultant in instructional design and course development, plus I write. My days are full ;-)
I am a fully online adjunct for several universities teaching graduate level courses mostly to teachers. I am also an author. My latest book was co-authored with Lisa Chamberlin and is entitled Making the Move to eLearning: Putting Your Course Online.
I am currently the web developer and web services manager at a private university. I am also an (aging) Ed.D. student. My concentrations are instructional technology for distance education and instructional design. My thesis concept is to identify patterns for shifting 'Introduction to..." courses to a blended model. I am currently working on an online course for the university that will assist students and faculty in determining/evaluating factors that make a student a good (or poor) candidate for online courses.

I serve as an adjunct instructor in the Media Studies department where I co-teach the Electronic Practicum to junior and senior level undergraduate students...(at times, I am not sure who is doing the teaching *grin*).

For fun, I build ceramic musical instruments and write historical fiction...you can take a peek here if you wish.

My days are full and insanely energizing :)
Hi,
I teach faculty for a post-secondary institute in Saskatchewan, Canada. I teach a course in the Summer which is faculty's first step and then they move to a blended course. I guess my interest is faculty development.
I'm self-employed currently (in Argentina) and mostly doing f2f web-enhanced teaching with children and adults.

I've recently applied to start teaching fully online as well and while I'm on the waiting list I'm trying to design the curricula for some courses I think might be popular with online learners. I'll most probably be working with adults -although I'd have no objections to design programmes for younger learners or teens.

I'm also exploring Second Life as a teaching and learning environment, both to be used occasionally and on a more full time basis.

Beatriz
I help build the Academic Skills Moodle for the THINK Education Group by day, and develop alternate learning tools by night.
I've got some of my projects and prototypes here
I have a blog where I write about the stuff I do, there's a TEDx talk where I talk about it, and I'm currently developing content and structure for an online learning website.
Tuesday nights I do a radio show on Brazilian music, but that's another story. :)

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Julia Galkina updated their profile
Tuesday
John Maker commented on Thomas Whitby's video
Thumbnail

Dan Pink on Motivation in Business.

"Great video! I also want to ask question about accounting for business. I read that modern companies prefer to hire remote accountants for tax filing and other work. Is it good variant? I have small business in Singapore and I want to try services…"
Monday
Ruth Herman Wells posted an event

Portland OR Teacher Classroom Management Course at Courtyard by Marriott

October 8, 2020 to October 9, 2020
Management problems in the classroom ends here. This Teacher Classroom Management Course delivers hundreds of strategies for students who struggle with motivation, depression, work refusal, violence and more. Visit our website https://www.youthchg.com for more information, or via email (dwells@youthchg.com) or call toll-free to 1-800-545-5736See More
Nov 13
Kelly Leon posted blog posts
Nov 12
Kathy Huntley posted a blog post

Alcohol dependence

Alcohol dependence has become an epidemic in the 21st century. According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, 2.45 % of men and 5.78% of women consume alcohol daily. Every year, alcohol misuse causes the deaths of 2.5 million people. The problem of alcoholism is getting commonsense, and that is scary. Almost everyone has an experience of dealing with people who suffer from alcohol misuse. The following research will show signs of the addiction and methods of its treatment…See More
Nov 9
Profile IconRachelle Fender, Kelly Leon, Rosie Del Tejo Williamson and 7 more joined The Educator's PLN
Nov 9
Thomas Whitby's 2 videos were featured
Nov 9
Thomas Whitby posted videos
Nov 9

© 2019   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service