The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

How do people best maintain all the resources that are sent on Twitter. There are so many good resources, how do people keep track of them all? Admittedly not all engage me but there is a lot that do and I am finding that I get web link overload. Would be happy to have some ideas from others. If you miss something on twitter, can you recover it if you missed a day or 2?

Also, what tools do people use to keep track of people blogs?

Views: 193

Replies to This Discussion

I also tweet a lot and get a bit overwhelmed by the amount of new information I gather. I restrict myself to save only what I see I can use in the classroom. I teach French, Spanish and English 3AP. I made a list of new tools and only keep what works for me. I try to put all interesting articles on delicious.
For archiving, your best option is a bookmarking service like Delicious or Diigo. They both allow you to assign multiple tags to the resources.

If you are looking for a way to view discussions more efficiently, you can try installing the widget I just made to your website (you can view a demo of the widget on the home page of this site). Its available here: http://www.guidetoonlineschools.com/online-teaching/widgets.

If you have any feedback, send me a message.

Hey, I know this is supposed to be about twitter but you mentioned how people keep track of blogs.

Are you using gmail? One of googles apps is called Google Reader. This is an incredible tool for keeping track of blogs and news sites. To start sign up for gmail and along the top toolbar you will see "calendar", "documents", "photos", "reader" - bingo. 

At the top of the right menu bar click add a subscription. You can enter the URL, the name of the website (ex. The Economist), or blog. Continue adding a few so you can see them all listed along the right side. 

From now on, you can go into your Google Reader and browse the headlines and stories from all your favorite websites from one place. If you want to go to the actual website just click on the little arrows beside the title. As you 

Some of my favorite things to do with this is to categorize my feeds (each blog or site you add is called a feed) by subject. I have business, tech, education etc. so I can easily pick what I feel like browsing. You can also "star" items you really like and might want to go back to later. 

You can try adding my blog feed if your interested in it ;) www.learnade.com/blog 

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Kelly Leon posted blog posts
11 hours ago
Kathy Huntley posted a blog post

Alcohol dependence

Alcohol dependence has become an epidemic in the 21st century. According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, 2.45 % of men and 5.78% of women consume alcohol daily. Every year, alcohol misuse causes the deaths of 2.5 million people. The problem of alcoholism is getting commonsense, and that is scary. Almost everyone has an experience of dealing with people who suffer from alcohol misuse. The following research will show signs of the addiction and methods of its treatment…See More
Saturday
Profile IconRachelle Fender, Kelly Leon, Rosie Del Tejo Williamson and 7 more joined The Educator's PLN
Saturday
Thomas Whitby's 2 videos were featured
Saturday
Thomas Whitby posted videos
Saturday
Christine Hinkley posted an event

OLC Collaborate - Oregon at Oregon State University

February 7, 2020 all day
The Online Learning Consortium and partner institution Oregon State University invite you to engage in Vision 2030: Re-imagining the Future of Online Education. Join us as we explore our shared responsibility as educators to meet our diverse and changing student populations where they are, and to…See More
Nov 4
Lindsey Sise liked Lori Callister's group STEM Education
Oct 30
Rosie Del Tejo Williamson liked Shelly Terrell's group Edchat
Oct 29

© 2019   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service