|Tagxedo.com Word Cloud I created adding my Twitter feed @trendingteacher!
Vocabulary Lessons Are Special Occasions With Tagxedo!
A Few Ideas for Using Tagxedo Word Clouds!
- Teach annotation. Add a significant passage from a particular text being studied, and choose an appropriate shape revealing text's meaning. Use another web 2.0 tool to add music to the word cloud suggesting text's theme.
- Teach tone and mood. Add text, and choose colors and shapes that reveal the text's tone and mood. Use another web 2.0 tool to add music revealing tone and mood of word cloud.
- Teach synonyms, antonyms, homonyms. Choose one key word and create word clouds featuring synonyms, antonyms of that word. Create homonym clouds too listing words that sound the same but are spelled differently.
- Teach connotation. Choose one word or phrase and create a word cloud with the word or phrase's multiple connotations.
- Emphasize connotation of words by creating positive, negative and neutral words clouds. Choose colors and shapes suggesting each effect.
- Teach literary terms, figures of speech, or idioms by creating word clouds containing definitions and examples.
- Summarize a text. Have students write a summary, upload the summary and choose appropriate color and shapes to match text's meaning.
Tagxedo's opportunities to dress-up language arts lessons will make-over your vocabulary instruction, making it versatile and memorable!